Looking Back At 2015
Well I don’t know where to start. This year has been one of highs and lows. It has been crazy and brilliant, stressful and wonderful.
I feel a mix of emotions as I reflect on the past 12 months and think of all I’ve been through, all my family has been through and the many blessings in our lives.
I decided to write a list of the highlights of 2015
– I started a Blog called Days In Bed
-I began to fall in love with Yoda our Bichon Frise
– I finally got my own wheelchair through the NHS
-We watched Shrek the Musical at the Palace Theatre
-I was seen by an Endocrinologist after waiting six months
– I managed to stay out of hospital with an adrenal crisis
– I joined Twitter and discovered the world of blogging
-I had lost 30 lbs since October
– We had an amazing princess themed party for my daughter Sylvia’s 7th Birthday
– John managed to get the camera gear he needed for photography
-I went to BritMums in London and had a wonderful time
-I had an Insulin Intolerance Test for Adrenal Insufficiency and GHD
– We had our 2 year Wedding Anniversary
-I was told I may have Human Growth Hormone Deficiency and waited for more tests.
– We went to Buckingham Palace
-We stayed in London and reviewed the Premier Inn
-We watched WICKED at the Apollo Theatre
-I was featured in the Local Chorley Newspaper to highlight my blogging and Adrenal Insufficiency
-We attended the Wedding of John’s Best friend Mr and Mrs Bird
– I took part in a Cervical cancer campaign with Dr Pixie Mckenna
-Sylvia started Ballet Lessons
– I was published on The Mighty for the first time
-I was officially diagnosed with Human Growth Hormone Deficiency
-We attended the Ballet for the first time
– I won the 2015 MumpreneurUK Voice Award
-I watched The Last Tango in Manchester Opera House
-I was assessed and offered 7hrs/week of In home support for my health needs
– I finally started treatment for human growth hormone deficiency ( I should see a change in 3-6 months)
-I was given a date for Surgery in 2016 to help me in my pursuit to get well.
-We adopted Casper a 4 year old Bichon and companion for Yoda
We have had a crazy and exciting year. I have been very sick and going to a few events in between resting and blogging made my health worse at times and it took days and weeks to recover, however it was worth it because I would not have wanted to stay home in bed or on the sofa all year that would have sucked!
I have made huge progress with my health. I am not better or feeling any more well yet but hopefully in six months time I will be out of the wheelchair 80% of the time and walking longer distances.
I will be losing more weight to be as healthy as I can be. I will also keep my fight for the Adrenal Pump starting with a fresh referral to a new a Endocrinologist which will take 2-4 months, then hopefully he will agree to help me access he adrenal pump.
It’s going to be hard in 2016 and I will have to keep fighting, keep blogging and stay strong.
I plan to start Vlogging weekly and hope to share more Family fun and my path to a better and healthier me with more people in 2016.
Linking Up With